My Blog has moved!.... Блог переехал!...

Мой блог переехал на новый адрес:





My blog has relocated to the new address:



http://www.heyvalera.com/


































December 30, 2005

LRB: What I heard about Iraq in 2005

 

A great article by Eliot Weinberg that appeared in a recent issue of the London Review of Books. Not being a big fan of the Iraq war, I was still searching for some (even rhetorical) reason to justify all the bloodshed, all the damage we are doing to that country, and how much money we are throwing down the drain of the good old corporations who win no matter what.. All because the British Empire and France decided to postpone the solving of the problem some 80 years ago. By the time I reached the third page of the printed issue of the magazine, I became numb. Let me know at what point it happened to you. Leave comments. Here is a little excerpt:

I heard a US soldier talk about his photographs of the 12 prisoners he had shot with a machine-gun: ‘I shot this guy in the face. See, his head is split open. I shot this guy in the groin. He took three days to bleed to death.’ I heard him say he was a devout Christian: ‘Well, I knelt down. I said a prayer, stood up, and gunned them all down.’
 
read more....

0 comments: