My Blog has moved!.... Блог переехал!...

Мой блог переехал на новый адрес:





My blog has relocated to the new address:



http://www.heyvalera.com/


































February 25, 2006

Met: Pearls of the Parrot of India

A great new exhibit is currently on at the Met. Having attended it yesterday, I can only wish there were more images, more translations in better English, so that I could put the captions and the images together and form a coherent story. Take a look at the pictures from the exhibition

Poet Amir Khusrau Dihlavi's Khamsa (quintet of tales) was one of the most sumptuous manuscripts created for the great Mughal emperor and patron of the arts, Akbar. The surviving 29 images are currently on display and you can use a loupe/magnifying glass to appreciate the miniatures that are at the same time sublime and very realistic.


I am completly immersed in a wonderful world of Khamsa

0 comments: