My Blog has moved!.... Блог переехал!...

Мой блог переехал на новый адрес:





My blog has relocated to the new address:



http://www.heyvalera.com/


































March 29, 2006

Stanisław Lem

I was shocked to read the following obituary line from the Associated Press:

Stanislaw Lem, the author of Solaris which was made into a movie starring George Clooney is dead at 84.

What a shame to reduce a prolific internationally renowned author, translated into 40 languages, into a writer of a book that was made into a film that a certain Hollywood actor blessed by his participation. America, my new motherland, will you ever learn to be respectful of the intellectuals, to appreciate the culture of the others and show a modicum of humility?

1 comment:

  1. I'm touched by your remarks about Stanislaw Lem.His books in Polish are so incredibly funny (some of them), I wonder how they came out in translation, especially that his puns seemed to exploit the linguistic potential of Polish.About Clooney - he blessed Solaris with showing his bare arse - no wonder to an American journalist he also blessed Lem with his bare arse, ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete