My Blog has moved!.... Блог переехал!...

Мой блог переехал на новый адрес:





My blog has relocated to the new address:



http://www.heyvalera.com/


































June 29, 2006

Trip to Korea: Day 1











Day 1. A quick 45 min ride from the Incheon airport that crossed a very, very long bridge over the Yellow Sea and I am in Seoul. Itaewon, the area where my hotel was located, is one of those seedy areas that exist primarily to contain all the night clubs, bars for the US soldiers, their spouses, friends and base personnel as well as a new (to me) species - Canadian teachers of English. Definitely, a breed apart, as I have never seen so many geeky, socially awkward people who have nothing to show, except their "whiteness" and native language. Judging by the quality of signs in English that skill is specious at best.
Leeum, the Samsung Museum of Art, sports two huge tarantulas and immaculate bonzai trees, bamboos and manicured lawns. A bus tour around the city, a visit to the electronic shopping center (no displayed prices, yet no haggling - prices are exorbitant).
A quick meal (disgustingly covered in red pepper, but served with plenty of great tasting water), and I am back to the hotel to make arrangements for the next day travel to the DMZ zone.

0 comments: