My Blog has moved!.... Блог переехал!...

Мой блог переехал на новый адрес:





My blog has relocated to the new address:



http://www.heyvalera.com/


































February 25, 2006

Met: The Art of Medicine in the Ancient Egypt



Yet another wonderful exhibit at the Met is devoted to the art of medicine. Make sure not to miss the treatise on how to treat the head wounds (two lengths of cloth, oil and honey). Here are the "pictures from the exhibition



I am on my way to that exhibition :)

2 comments:

  1. You have some beautiful pictures on here. very nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ancient Egypt and its medicine - very interesting. Have you read the book by Mika Waltari "Sinuhe - the Egyptian" (I'm not sure of the English title - that's a translation from Polish)? Sinuhe was a doctor in Ancient Egypt, so the book provides many a graphic description of how medicine was practised then. Fascinating :)

    ReplyDelete