My Blog has moved!.... Блог переехал!...

Мой блог переехал на новый адрес:





My blog has relocated to the new address:



http://www.heyvalera.com/


































June 9, 2007

Daniel Scheffer "The Human Comedy"











Saturday is usually devoted to art, and today was the day to visit Tabla Rasa in Brooklyn, where "The Human Comedy" The Art of Daniel Scheffer was presented in a small room with the artist at hand to discuss his works which are all laden with literary and Biblical allusions. The artist claimed complete ignorance of the art of stop animation, but some of his friends have animated his work. For some reason, the artist maintains that the title Human Comedy is William Saroyan's, and not Honoré de Balzac's. Well...

Photos by Valera Meylis

1 comment:

  1. HI Valera, thank you so much for visiting Tabla Rasa and posting some of my work. Concerning Honore de Balzac, yes, his use of the phrase THE HUMAN COMEDY well precedes William Saroyan. But for me, the use of The Human Comedy title was a fortuitous accidental chain of events that finally led to me finding William Saroyan's text in a someone's recycle box on the streets, and I accidentally opened it to page seven which talked about hearing music in one's head and an earlier conversation I had with someone concerning that. What struck me as relevant was the story-telling of all of our all lives. And so The Human Comedy became my metaphor here as well.

    ReplyDelete